Old Black Joe
Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay;
那些心头年轻、无忧无虑的`日子已离我远去
Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away;
我的伙伴也离开了棉花田
Gone from the earth to a better land I know,
离开这里到一个更好的地方,我知道
I hear their gentle voices calling, "Old Black Joe!"
我听见他们柔声呼唤
(Refrain:) I’m coming, I’m coming, for my head is bending low; 「老黑乔!」(反复)
I hear their gentle voices calling,
我来了,我来了,因为我的头渐渐低垂;
"Old Black Joe!"
我听见他们柔声呼唤「老黑乔!」
Why do I weep when my heart should feel no pain?
我为何哭泣,我心并不悲伤?
Why do I sigh that my friends come not again?
我为何要叹息伙伴不复来?
Grieving for forms now departed long ago,
只为怀念早已逝去的人,
I hear their gentle voices calling,
我听见他们柔声呼唤
"Old Black Joe!" 「老黑乔!」
Where are thee hearts once so happy and so free?
昔日快乐无羁的人们,如今安在?
The children so dear that I held upon my knee?
还有,我抱在膝上可爱的小家伙?
Gone to the shore where my soul has longed to go,
他们都已到了我灵魂所渴望去的海岸,
I hear their gentle voices calling,
我听见他们柔声呼唤
"Old Black Joe!"「老黑乔!」
~~~by Stephen C. Foster, 1826-1864
【英语诗歌OldBlackJoe】相关文章:
3.学英语诗歌
5.春天的英语诗歌
6.生命英语诗歌
7.英语春天诗歌