泰戈尔英文爱情诗(2)

时间:2021-08-31

  People blame me and call me heedless; I doubt not they are right in their blame.

  人们责备我,说我不理会人;我也知道他们的责备是有道理的。

  The market day is over and work is all done for the busy.

  市集已过,忙人的工作都已完毕。

  Those who came to call me in vain have gone back in anger.

  叫我不应的人都已含怒回去。

  I am only waiting for love to give myself up at last into his hands.

  我只等候着爱,要最终把我交在他手里。

  Clouds heap upon clouds and it darkens.

  云霾堆积,黑暗渐深。

  Ah, love, why dost thou let me wait outside at the door all alone?

  呵,爱,你为什么让我独在门外等候?

  In the busy moments of the noontide work I am with the crowd,

  在中午工作最忙的时候,我和大家在一起,

  but on this dark lonely day it is only for thee that I hope.

  但在这黑暗寂寞的日子,我只企望着你。

  If thou showest me not thy face, if thou leavest me wholly aside, I know not how I am to passthese long, rainy hours.

  若是你不容我见面,若是你完全把我抛弃,真不知将如何度过这悠长的雨天。

  I keep gazing on the far-away gloom of the sky, and my heart wanders wailing with the restlesswind.

  我不住地凝望遥远的阴空,我的心和不宁的风一同彷徨悲叹。

  I have had my invitation to this world's festival, and thus my life has been blessed.

  我接到这世界节日的请柬,我的生命受了祝福。

  My eyes have seen and my ears have heard.

  我的眼睛看见了美丽的景象,我的耳朵也听见了醉人的音乐。

  It was my part at this feast to play upon my instrument, and I have done all I could.

  在这宴会中,我的任务是奏乐,我也尽力演奏了。  Now, I ask, has the time come at last when I may go in and see thy face and offer thee mysilent salutation?

  现在,我问,那时间终于来到了吗,我可以进去瞻仰你的容颜,并献上我静默的敬礼吗?