We Are Not Alone(我们不再孤独)
After my husband died suddenly from a heart attack on the tennis court, my world crashed around me.
丈夫在网球场死于突发心脏病之后,我的世界崩溃了。
My six children were 10, nine, eight, six, three and 18 months, and I was overwhelmed with the responsibilities of earning a living,
我的六个孩子分别只有10岁、9岁、8岁、6岁、3岁和18个月,我被压倒了,要谋生,
caring for the children and just plain keeping my head above water.
照顾孩子,我只能使自己免于负债,凑和着活下去。
I was fortunate to find a wonderful housekeeper to care for the children during the week,
我幸运地找到了一个出色的女管家在一周的工作日内照顾孩子们。
but from Friday nights to Monday mornings,the children and I were alone, and frankly I was uneasy.
但从星期五晚上到星期一早上,我和孩子们就很孤独,坦白地说我有点心神不安。
Every creak of the house,every unusual noise,
房子里每种吱吱作响的声音、任何一种不同寻常的噪音、
any late-night phone call-all filled me with dread.
以及任何深夜的电话铃声都使我充满了恐惧,
I felt incredibly alone.
我感觉到难以置信的`孤独。作文地带。
One Friday evening I came home from work to find a big beautiful German shepherd on our doorstep.
一个星期五的晚上我下班回家,在我们的门阶上发现了一条硕大而又漂亮的德国牧羊犬。
This wonderful strong animal gave every indication that he intended to enter the house and make it his home.
这头令人惊奇强壮的动物给人暗示:他打算进入这栋房子,并把它作为他的家。
I, however, was wary.
然而,我有所警觉,
Where did this obviously well-cared-for dog come from?
这条明显照顾良好的狗来自何方?
Was it safe to let the children play with a strange dog?
让孩子们与这条陌生的狗玩耍,安全吗?
Even though he seemed gentle,
即使他似乎很温和,
he still was powerful and commanded respect.
但他仍然是强大而又让人敬畏的。
The children took an instant liking to “German” and begged me to let him in.
孩子们立刻喜欢上了“German”,并乞求我让他进屋。
I agreed to let him sleep in the basement until the next day,
我同意让他在地下室睡到第二天,
when we could inquire around the neighborhood for his owner.
到时可以在周围邻近地区询问他的主人。
That night I slept peacefully for the first time in many weeks.
那天晚上是我许多星期以来第一次睡得这么安稳。
The following morning we made phone calls and checked lost-and-found ads for German’s owner,
第二天早上我们又是打电话,又是在失物招领广告中查询German的主人,
but with no results.
但毫无结果。
German, meanwhile, made himself part of the family and good-naturedly put up with hugs, wrestling and playing in the yard.
期间,German把自己当作了这个家庭中的成员,在院子里态度和善地容忍孩子们的拥抱、扭斗和戏耍,
Saturday night he was still with us, so again he was allowed to sleep in the basement.
【情感故事我们不再孤独】相关文章:
1.孤独的泪情感故事
2.我们不再说晚安
5.情感故事伤感
6.情感故事大全
7.情感故事文章
8.情感故事