海伦娜: 可是我看不到你就心痛。
狄米崔Demetrious: Let me go. Cause I so hate you! (挣脱Helena走开了)
斯: 让我走,因为我是这么的讨厌你。
(领悟)
Helena: Don’t leave me alone. Please stay, though you kill me.(追着Demetrious下) 海伦娜:不要离开我,请留下吧,就算你杀了我。
(在一旁的精灵王Oberon看到了这一幕,心中对Helena产生了同情之心……)
Oberon: The poor lady! I have to help her. have you get the flower? (Puck上)
奥伯伦:可怜的女孩,我得帮助她。欢迎啊,浪游者,你把花采来了吗?
Puck: Yes, Here it is.
帕克:是的 ,就在这儿
Oberon: So poor! If you find him sleeping, drop some of the love-juice in his eyes.
奥伯伦: 这里有一位甜美的少女爱上了冷酷的年轻人。如果你发现他睡著了,就把爱情的汁液滴进他的眼睛里。
Puck:Ok!
帕克:好的!
(在森林的另一处,Hermia和Lysander由于困乏,已经进入了梦乡)
[Puck走了上来,却阴差阳错地把Lysander当成了Demetrious ]
Puck: Ah! Who is here? This is him, And she is the lady.
I’ll drop the love-juice in your eyes. Hey! It’s so funny! (下)
帕克:啊,谁在这儿?这是那残酷的年轻人,而她就是那个女孩。我将在你的眼睛滴进爱情的花液。嘿,真有趣。
[Helena走了上来, 无意间发现了Lysander躺在这里]
Helena: I am out of breath in chasing.Who is lying there? Lysander! Good sir, if you are alive, awake.
海伦娜: 这痴心的追赶使我累得喘不过气来,是谁躺在地上?喔,是莱赛德,好先生,如果你还活著,就醒醒吧。
Lysander:What a pretty beauty! Helena, I would go through fire for your sweet sake.
莱赛德:多漂亮的美女,海伦娜,我愿为你赴汤蹈火。
Helena: Do not say so, Lysander. Don’t you love Hermia?
海伦娜: 别这么说,莱赛德。你不爱荷米亚了吗?
Lysander: I don’t love her at all. For me, she is just a black raven,
and you are a white dove.
莱赛德: 我一点也不爱她,对我而言,她只是只乌鸦,而你是只白鸽。
Helena: Oh! Why was I born to be amused without respect? Is it not enough, young man? That a lady,being refused by one man , should be so abused by another!
海伦娜:喔,为什麼我生下来就被每个人嘲笑,而不被尊重?年轻人,这还不够吗? 一个女子被一个男人拒绝,还得忍受另一个男人的揶揄。
Lysander: Helena,my love……(追随而下)
莱赛德: 海伦娜,我的爱人……
[Hermia醒来,却发现心爱的Lysander不在自己身边]
Hermia: Lysander! Lysander! Where do you go? No word! If you hear me, please talk to me! I faint almost with fear. Where do you go?
赫米娅:莱赛德!莱赛德!你去那儿了?没有回音,不说一句话?如果你听得到,请回答我,我快因害怕而昏倒了,但你去那儿了?
Demetrious上
Demetrious: you are here, my dear Hermia! I found you for a long time.
狄米崔斯:你在这里,我亲爱的荷米亚,我找你找了好久。
Hermia: Do you see my Lysander?
赫米娅: 你看见我的莱赛德了吗?
Demetrious: who care? I would like his being my dog's food.
狄米崔斯:谁在乎?我宁愿把他的尸体喂我的猎犬。
Hermia: Out,you dog! Did you really kill him? You are a devil! Lysander,I'm sure I will find you!
赫米娅: 滚开,恶狗!你真的杀了他吗?你这个恶魔。莱赛德,我一定会找到你的。
[Demetrious见Hermia如此恨自己,就不再自讨没趣了]
Demetrious:She is so angry. I’d better stop following her. I have to take a rest. I'm too tired tonight! (睡)
狄米崔斯:(独白)她是如此生气,我最好停止跟随她。我必须休息一下,我今晚实在太累了。
Oberon和Puck 上
Oberon: Puck,Did you finish your work?
奥伯伦: 派克,你的工作做完了吗?
Puck: Sure, I did. And the woman is by his side,
when he waked, she must be seen.
帕克:是的,而且那女人就在他的身边,当然,在他醒来时,她会被发现。
Oberon: Hey! He is there! What did you do? Why does the cruel man still
sleep here? You must have made a mistake!
奥伯伦:嘿!他在那儿,你到底做了什么?为什么那个冷酷的年轻人还睡在那儿?你一定是弄错了。
Puck: Did I? Oh, I’m sorry.
帕克:是吗?喔,对不起。
Oberon: It’s ok,now you can finish it.
Just be careful, do not make a mistake again.
奥伯伦:没关系,现在你可以完成这件事。要小心一点,不要再犯错了。
(Puck重新点上花液,然后Demetrious就沉睡了,过了不久,Lysander追Helena经过Demetrious沉睡的地方)
Lysander: Why should you think that I should woo in scorn?
I just hope you could love me.
莱赛德: 为什麼你要以为我的求爱不过是嘲笑你呢?我只是希望你爱我罢了。
Helena: Do you give Hermia up? You should vow to her.
海伦娜:你放弃荷米亚了吗?你的誓言都是应该向她说的。
Lysander: My heart to her is but as a guest, now my heart is to you as a son comes home, never leaves.
莱赛德:我对她的心不过像个过客,现在我对你的心就像回到家的游子,再不离去了。
Demetrious醒来
Demetrious: Oh! Helena, perfect godness!Oh! Let me kiss your hand.
狄米崔斯: 噢!海伦娜!完美的女神!让我亲吻你的手吧!
Helena: Oh! Spite! You both love Hermia, and now you both mock me!
海伦娜:唉!倒霉!你们都爱著荷米亚,而现在你们也一同嘲笑我!
Demetrious: Lysander, keep your Hermia. Helena is mine!
狄米崔斯: 莱赛德,保留你的荷米亚吧!海伦娜是我的!
Lysander: No! Helena, what he said is a lie!
莱赛德: 不!海伦娜,他说的都是谎话!
Helena: you make me confused. Who should I believe in?
海伦娜: 你们让我迷惑了。我该相信谁呢?
{三个人正争执间,Hermia走了上来}
Hermia: Lysander! You are here! Why did you leave me so unkindly?